Thursday, October 13, 2011

13: From Beyond


The girls spent the day discussing their lives, stories they’ve written or had planned in the works and their plans for after Halloween. Eager to forget the events of the previous night, they distracted themselves with games and movies and sat around enjoying the evening over good wine and fun snacks.

“Ok so this afternoon, Lizzy mentioned that she’d like a little more information about this house’s background. She and Quiana found some papers upstairs and want to know what they mean and the significance of the lore regarding the murders that took place here. I thought it would be nice to open the floor to questions or concerns and what you are hoping to do here in our last few weeks.”



“Well, I for one would really like to explore the remaining rooms in this place. I know if there is one secret panel in the study there has to be more. Old houses like this are notorious for them. And this man, Everett, if he were the first homeowner, seemed to have a lot of secrets,” Lizzy said sitting up. “And I’d like to know why he doesn’t look like the man Kalene described seeing out there.



“Yes what is the deal with that? The man from the graveyard didn’t have long hair like the man in the newspaper and he appeared older and I think he was black. This Everett was nothing like the ghostly figure we encountered,” Kalene frowned. “He didn’t seem to want to cause us harm but that was my first encounter with uh…I don’t know what the normal protocol would be.”




“To run just like you did. I’ve experienced things like this before and sometimes you can tell if the spirit is friendly or not by the way you feel when they are around. If the room is colder or if you get an uneasy feeling of anxiety; it’s always bad. I don’t think I’d want to personally explore it but it would be kind of interesting to learn more about these two ghosts and what they want from here.”



“What I find curious is why those newspapers were hiding up there in the first place. I mean was it some secret they were trying to keep secret? They made up an entire lore about this house why hasn’t that room been opened before?”




“It seems to me that they didn’t make as great a search of this place as they’d originally thought. Maybe there are bigger secrets lying in store all over this house,” Nedra shuddered. “I can only imagine the many places someone could hide in this home and not be discovered for days! Weeks!”



“Wait a second,” Jill said smiling as she took the attention of the room. “Did you say that Everett drank himself to death in the attic? I assume the place was probably searched a number of times since then but if Lizzy is right and there are secret rooms, maybe that would be a great place to start. If the man had to come down for food or whatever and he was living in secret so the police wouldn’t catch him. He probably hid a treasure trove up there!”




“The attic? You’re serious about that too aren’t you? You’d really want to see what’s in there?” Holley asked.




“I don’t think I want to know what’s in the attic,” Leah confirmed staring cautiously up at the ceiling. A look of fear washed across her face as she thought about the horrors that could be waiting up those stairs. And Lord knows if the rest of the house was full of Spiderwebs and dust, the attic had to be a blanket of allergy ridden bunnies. “Besides bugs the size of my head, what else could be in there?”




“Great question,” Daijah smiled. “And you know there’s only one way to find out!”



They chatter and clatter wandering around at night
their appearance is pale, all snowy and white
the chains they rattle can be heard from below
In the attic they live, a place I’d never go.

The sisters were slaughtered and revenge they wanted
on their killers and those that taunted
they await the cool breeze, signaling the night
and gather their tools to prepare for a fight




The misty fog should come blanketing soon
and provide cover as they scurry beneath the moon
something from the ground moved and a cackle was heard
the sisters rejoiced then silence and not a word

Their spirits dance merrily as they flee their shells
time to feed, consuming souls for Hell
the frights come more as they wake the dead
But was it a dream all in my head?



Continue ---->

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, the attic!

    That expression on Leah's face was so funny! She looked terrified.

    The last picture with the two ghost women holding hands with the skeleton child gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Leah, I don't really want to go in the attic either. I would certainly be tying myself to one of the other women just in case there is some secret room. It always happens you lean against a wall and poof you're gone. I don't want to be by myself if that were to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. El:

    You're excited? Hmm...maybe I should do a quick rewrite on that part. Yes, that would work perfectly.

    Leah's face is ALWAYS showing signs of fear! Ever since she stepped foot in the door! I think she knows something no one else does!

    Oh they are about to go on the prowl!

    Thank you for reading :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz:
    HAHA that reminded me of Scooby Doo :D Daphne always got captured!

    But true, the person in the back and the person in the front I wouldn't want to be either of them! The middle, nice and safe :P

    I don't think I could stand being alone in that place either! Certainly not around Halloween and a few things gathering around the place!

    Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm yelling at the screen like they can hear me! WHY? WHY IN THE HELP are they about to go poking around this house? Did they not hear her say 40 people have died there? COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL they have 2 more weeks in this place! They don't want to sit around and wait for the baddies to come for them, they'd rather go after them!

    But yeah...like Leah said, that's just asking for trouble!

    Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete