Wednesday, October 26, 2011

26: No Rest for the Wicked



Jill started for the door and heard creaking footsteps in front of it. Believing them to belong to the girls she ignored them and reached for the door knob. Slowly she pulled it open to make sure not to disturb the others and stepped out into the hall.

“Chilly,” she said rubbing her shoulders as suddenly the room temperature seemed to drop. She moved forward and found Nedra and Kalene asleep on the sofa just outside the room. She nudged them and they sat up groggy and looked at her.

Kalene jumped up. “We fell asleep! What time is it?”

“It’s 4am. I couldn’t sleep so I came to check on everyone. If you felt yourself getting tired…”




“That’s just it! We were wide awake and talking. We weren’t tired at all!” Nedra interrupted. “I don’t understand.”

The door to the study creaked a little catching the girls’ attention. Jill glanced at Nedra and Kalene before moving towards it.

“Maybe we should get the others,” Kalene said backing towards the masters’ bedroom.

“No, we can do this, let them rest.”

“Are you sure Jill?”

“Positive. It’ll be fine, come on.” Yes, bring them forward. “What?”




Nedra looked at Kalene then back to Jill. “We didn’t say anything. And you seem out of it. I’m not going in there with you.”

“You’re going to let me go alone? I thought we were supposed to stick in a group. If there was someone in here we should find out who it was.”

“Or is! What makes you think they are gone?”

“Just a feeling I have.”

Jill moved forward through the door and Kalene and Nedra were close behind her. She pushed the bookshelf away from the door and started up the stairs. 




Kalene coughed from the swirls of dust she disturbed from the banister as they made their way into the attic once more. “This place is creepy. I really think we should wait on the others.”

Jill took a look around the room and sighed not finding what she was looking for. She approached a stack of books on the floor and noticed one that looked very similar to the one Daijah had everyone reading from. She picked it up and thumbed through it a little, stopping on the inside cover.



She turned with a gasp towards the others and Nedra stepped towards her. “What is it?”

Jill turned the book around to reveal the ownership label To My darling daughter Daijah, may this book find you in good health. “So?” Kalene scratched her head. “She said she…”

“Found it in her attic while cleaning. Kal this isn’t her book or at least it’s not the one we’re reading from! Hers is on the coffee table downstairs!”



“Are you sure?”

“Positive! I left it there last when we were all discussing our next steps.”

“So what does this mean? Daijah’s related to someone that lived here?”




“No,” Nedra said putting a hand up. “It could have been brought up here by the person that was in here!”

There was a loud bang behind them and the girls waited to see who was on the staircase. “We should go; we need to get the others.” Nedra said and started for the stairs. “Are you coming?”

“Yeah!” Kalene agreed and headed to her. 



Jill placed the book back on the floor and moved to the door. “Next time we bring everyone,” Nedra said as she glanced at Jill hovering just above the banister.  


She turned towards them, her green eyes now fire red and an evil smirk spread her lips. “Now for the fun to begin!”



With all my might, I toss and turn trying to find sleep
but it seems endless, the silence is torture; stilled, no peep
thoughts of my last deeds frozen in my head
the screams and words my victims’ said

She fought me for her life, unwilling to take her last breath
in the end I was victorious sending her silently to death
but now that same slumber can’t seem to find me now
It seems I’m cursed or hexed from respite somehow




Maybe it’s true and I should just give up the fight
for there is no rest for the wicked tonight
my sleepless moments won’t end now, I see for me no peace
it’s Death breathing down my neck like a ravenous vicious beast



Continue ---->

8 comments:

  1. Oh No! Not Jilly!

    I wonder when the book was switched or if it really was. The thing that took possession of Jilly may have made her deceive the others into believing that the book was switched so that they might not trust Daijah anymore!

    I loved that expression on Jilly's face! It was so evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. El:
    Very interesting conclusions you've made and so true! One book -- two books :D soon you'll have your answer!

    While she could be possessed and trying to make the others believe that Daijah's the evil one, it could also stand to reason that Daijah really is! :)

    They'd been warned that the house would play tricks on them. And Everett will appear again soon with a new warning.

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have waited for morning to read this. Jill has me all creeped out now. Is she the real evil one. I mean she didn't want to wake the others and led them into that room.

    She looked so scary in that shot! Is she the evil one out to make everyone not trust DJ or is DJ really evil and somehow pulled Jill in.

    A lot will be happening over the next 5 days. How many will make it out alive????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz:

    Jill could have been the hidden monster or it could be Daijah...might even be someone unsuspecting OR just the house playing games :D

    A lot will take place in the remaining week and the survivor's list well...we'll just have to see :)

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill!!! I KNEW IT! I KNEW IT!! Jill and Dai the whole time! Just waiting for Karima's inner creep to show! Poor Kal and Neddy! That's why I said before, get the hell out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qui:

    HAHAHA You were calling her and me a demon :D but you just don't know the half of it HAHAHA you're getting there though I'm sure :)

    They ran for sure seeing Jill's eyes. They were hesitant about following her up there but Jill can be very convincing!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ Had to laugh at the comments,& love Jillies new look!LOL!
    ~ Can not wait to find out more,& why Jilly did not wake up her Buddy?(",)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! Yeah they are crazy! Now you're being begged as a homicidal maniac! :P

    Jill was being pulled by the house itself and then later on she was possessed. It's what prompted her to take Nedra and Kalene up to the attic!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete