Sunday, October 30, 2011

30: The Vampire's Lair


Lizzy found extra candles in a small bag beside the couch and lit a few.


“It’s starting…” Nedra said backing away in panic. “We’re all going to die!”

“No we’re not! Everything is…”

“‘Going to be fine, we’ll get out of here,” Daijah said as she gripped Nedra’s shoulders tight’,” Jill read before looking up at the group from the book that lay open on the coffee table. 



Everyone turned to face her and she pointed at it. “That’s the second book!” She lifted it from its position and turned it around so everyone could make out the dedication in the front. “See! I wasn’t lying.”



They all backed away from Daijah and moved towards the door leading to the hall.

“No! That’s not mine,” she said. “This is some sort of trick! Some hallucination; I...”

“‘Didn’t bring two books and I have no idea where the other one came from! Daijah said defending herself to the others. Suddenly there was a scream from upstairs and Nancy came rushing back down in a panic’,” Jill continued narrating.




There was a scream up the stairs and Nancy came rushing back down in a panic. She threw open the living room door and shut it quick. Her face was frozen in fear as she looked over everyone. “Quiana…she’s,” she sniffed. 




“She wanted to take a bath. She said that she was tired of wearing the same thing and…I tried to get to her but the house, something threw me out of the room and the door wouldn’t open again. She was screaming for me! I could hear her splashing around.”

Lizzy stepped towards her and pulled her into a hug. “When I opened the door…”



The others moved up the stairs and towards the bathroom. Karima pushed it open and inside found Quiana’s nude body laying on the floor surrounded by suds and water. “Jill is this in that book?”

Jill thumbed through the pages and gave a nod of confirmation as she read over the scene that they were now standing in. “Everything that’s going to happen is within these bindings!”



“So what do we do?” Leah asked pushing closer towards everyone. “Sit and read and wait for the words to come true? We need to get out of here.”

“No! Didn’t you see what happened to Freedom out there?” Holley asked. “We’re safer inside.”

“Safer? The house cordoned Nancy off from Qui just to take her out! There is no safe for us now!” Kalene reasoned.




“So what do you suggest?”

“I say we take this book down to the living room and try and figure out which one of us Everett was talking about. If we can do that then we’ll know who’s causing all of this!”

They looked at Daijah and she nodded her agreement. “Please, you have to believe me, I’m not the one!”




The group headed back down the stairs and everyone took seats as Jill began reading again. “‘The lights went out once more and…’




“And what?!  Nedra pressed.

The lights went out once more and Leah again screamed. There was a sound of a struggle and the girls all huddled together as Daijah and Lizzy worked on restoring the lights.

“Everyone stay close!” Karima advised. The wind blew out every match that the girls used until finally after what seemed like an hour, one of the wicks lit up and the room was cast in a dark orange glow again.




“Where’s Leah?” Nancy asked panicked. “She screamed and now she’s gone!”

“In the hall,” Jill said looking down at the pages once more.

The girls exited to the hall and found Leah’s body just below the stairs. Large spiders were crawling around her and there were huge spider bites and welts covering her skin.

“Oh God!” Kalene yelled, covering her face. “Nedra was right! We’re all dead!”




“No! We have an advantage!” Holley said pointing at the book. “We’re going to be fine! Let’s get back and Jill read quicker we have to figure out a way to stop this!”

“‘Jill started reading again and Holley urged her to move along’,” she looked over the pages and at Holley before continuing. “‘The house grew quiet and the girls awaited to hear the next dangerous event waiting around the corner for them. The dull humming in the background was soothing and soon everyone found them…selves…falling…’,” before long everyone was asleep.




The book fell to the floor and the girls were all knocked out. Jill awoke moments later and found the room empty. She stood from the sofa and called for the others.

She saw the book on the floor and quickly recovered it to learn the next occurrence. She gasped and tossed the book to the ground and ran for the door.




She tried frantically to open it, pounding and yelling for the girls to come and help her. The television turned on and she looked at it momentarily before yelling even louder. “Please! Open the door! Let me out of here!”




The white noise grew piercing and a hand emerged from the screen followed by a head of black hair until a woman clad in white had made her way out of the set.




“No, NO!” Jill yelled again and gripped the handle of the axe beside her. The woman’s hand reached around Jill’s throat and began choking the life out of her. She pulled the axe from the floor and swung it with all her might.


Lizzy’s head went flying across the room landing with a soft pat in front of the others who all stood shocked and scared. 



Jill clutched at her throat as if some invisible hand was choking her. The color drained from her face and her eyes became wide with fear just before she fell to the ground as well.




The full moon glows baleful in the dark sky above
casting shadows and warning where its beams brightly rove
the light shines on a crypt in an abandoned cemetery
the town forgot the upkeep for those they chose to bury




He rises slowly from his slumber; the night is still and sad
And nothing will ever come close to the silence he once had
his stomach churns and grumbles; a meal is what he needs
to look into the eyes of his victim as steadily they bleed




He steps from inside the tomb; the gray slab held him host
but now he is on the hunt for what he craves the most
a woman passes before him in the somber, murky gloom
he smiles wickedly in her direction for soon she’ll meet her doom




He draws closer and silently watches, taking in her scent
very soon he’ll be covered in it as that was his intent
this was his favorite part; finding the perfect meal
and everything about her seemed so very real




Her body was tanned seamless; her hair as raven as night
her lips as red as roses, her blue eyes shining bright
he swallowed hard as he watched her and loved the way she moved
the way the light touched her body; every inch, every groove




She turned towards his direction and with a sorrowful sigh
tilted her head towards the heavens and breathed in the night sky
something about her face stopped him as he stalked his prey
her eyes full of mystery oh why did she look his way




He wanted to have her greedily; touch her, know her soul
but his curse kept him from connecting and that was not her role
tonight she would relieve him, but not the way he wanted
in the morning she’d be gone, and still he’d feel haunted




He cussed at his indecision and made up his mind right there
he moved quickly towards her and dragged her to his lair
inside the chilling gray stone, her eyes darted about
“What was his purpose?” She wondered, but soon she would find out




He pressed himself against her, his body hard and cold
his fangs glistened menacingly as he took her in his hold
“Are you going to kill me?” his hands ran through her hair
but she was met with silence as he continued to stare




Slowly his lips inched closer as he leaned her in a bend
they brushed along the silkiness and softness of her skin
she held her breath nervously and waited to feel the pinch
she moaned and groaned in fear but she didn’t even flinch

His fangs taunted the flesh just inches above the vein
his strength was starting to leave him as the moon began to wane
“Do you want forever? Please answer me now.
Because it’s you that I want; I’m captivated somehow.”




She pulled up her head to meet his pale blue eyes
he smiled tenderly at her and comforted her cries
“I don’t understand, it’s my blood I thought you craved.
And now there’s a chance that somehow I’ll be saved?

“True I am a fiend but it’s not your life I desire.
Your essence calls to me and inside it lights my fire.
Stay with me love forever, please become my Queen.
And together we will conquer sights before unseen.”




His words made her stumble and she fell to the floor
never had she felt such fear; it rocked her to her core
he reached a hand towards her to pull her to her feet
her shaky palm slid into his and her heart skipped a beat

“What is your decision? Forever or a quick meal?
I haven’t all night you see, and this is the deal.
I’ll treat you as you should, a Queen forever more.
And of my love and graces you shall never bore.”




She nodded her head slightly as outside the sun rose
he kissed her lips gently and she exhaled through her nose
“It’ll only hurt for a moment, I promise to make it quick.”
He moved around behind her; tossing her hair with a flick




She tightly shut her eyes and waited for his embrace
her palms became sweaty, her pulse began to race
he listened to the rhythm, his arm wrapped around her waist
his fangs pierced her skin and he finally got his taste




She winced once and relaxed and let him take control
he drank from her hungrily as she slowly lost her soul
her body went limp; dizziness filled her head
he lifted her gently and carried her to the bed



He laid her on the covers and with another kiss
knew this was a night he’s glad he didn’t miss
she was his forever and forever they will be
stalking the night in search of victims like you and me



Continue ---->

12 comments:

  1. That was passage was AWESOME. I think it's my favorite of them all so far!!!!

    Ok on to the story they are dropping like flies. Jill dropped to the ground being choked and no one could see her attacker. Qui is drowned and poor Leah with the spiders.

    One day left. Who will survive and they still don't know who the mole is. I still suspect Jill but that's just me watching scary movies. I'm just imagining something like the movie Devil.

    I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW. I haven't been this excited for Halloween in a long time. LOL

    Off topic where do I find the choking pose you used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I died? ;_;
    They crazy thing is how they read what was happening from the book and still listen to Dai. I would have locked her ass inside a room and looked for the "weapons" she said were there, skipped through the book and looked for the answers to get out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaz:

    Thank you! I saved my faves for last :D (Still Waters, Omen, Fractured, Vampire's Lair and House of Pain) it was fun writing them too!

    They certainly are! Jill, Qui and Leah's fears took them and that's why no one else could see it. While she saw an empty room, the girls were still there, fast asleep.

    Hmm...you may be on the right track :D

    Aww! That's awesome!!! Thank you :D

    Faraday: http://the-sims2.blog.cz/category/poses-by-me

    There's a list of them here, but it's in the Dark Alley pose set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can't leave me hanging here!!! I will be checking all evening tomorrow for the next chapter to see what happens next!

    Where did Daijah disappear to? I don't think she is the crazy one!

    I absolutely loved the poem story at the end. It was so scary and romantic! That vampire was hot! I'd have said yes too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Qui:

    They aren't reading ahead unfortunately. How did listening to Daijah get them killed? LOL You see what happens when weapons come into play?

    Locking Daijah up might not work either :) she might not be the mole!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. El:

    Sorry! Finale tomorrow and all will be explained :)

    Everyone is still in the room at this point but you may be on to something there!

    I agree, an embrace from a hot vamp or death? Yeah, love me for eternity too!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ~ I liked this verse the best so far.....& the hottie helps! He is yummy!
    ~ We are falling like flies!!!!!!!
    ~ One more day to go!!!!!
    ~ Why are they not reading ahead so they know what is going to happen,so they can try & avoid it!Though I have a feeling that is not the way it works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karima:

    Thank you! The hot vamp makes it ten times easier to say "yes"!

    Everyone is dropping and with one day left the survivors will have to try and make it out as best they can!

    You're right! The book only shows them the current event, nothing more will be read until the house is ready for them to see it. Though after reading it, they could try and avoid, but how do you stop your fear? :)

    Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my what a terrible end for me! I love this story so much, especially the poems at the end and I am excited to be featuring it on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry Lizzy :( I didn't have your fear so I had to get creative. Thank you for the feature and I'm happy you are enjoying them :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, I wanted the vampire Death!! Bummer!
    Oh, wait... I'm not in this story! Bummer!

    This was a wonderful story! I did this once with children's bedtime stories. Got bored at story number two and I ran out of ideas to twist them up. Nice to make it creepy, Halloween...

    I loved it!
    (Read them today BTW)

    ReplyDelete
  12. JM:

    Death by vampire wouldn't have been bad :P And no I used the S3 simselves available but there's always next year :)

    Thank you! It was fun but it did get hard after a while trying to think up poems so I can understand that LOL! But I made sure one was released for every day of the month even as difficult as my game was being on most days!

    Glad you liked them! Thank you again :)

    ReplyDelete