Thursday, October 6, 2011

06: Eyes in the Dark


“When do you think they’ll get back?” Lizzy asked taking a seat next to Quiana on the couch.

“Not sure, I just hope it’s soon. I thought the graveyard would be creepy but this place is worse! It’s just unimaginable why anyone would want to spend a month in this place.”

“Didn’t Daijah say there was history here? Would you care to take a look around some of the rooms with me?”


Quiana gave her a look of uncertainty and shook her head. “I don’t think so…that’s not a very smart thing Lizzy. I think we should just wait until the others get back.”


“Oh come on, where’s your sense of adventure?” she pulled at Quiana’s arm and lifted her from the couch. “Grab a flashlight. There’s no telling if the lights work in all of the rooms,” she grinned.


“So you really like graveyards huh Jill?” Holley asked as the group made it to the Rest Haven Memorial cemetery.


“Some have rich history and it’s really interesting some of the family names and dates you find on the headstones.”

They continued in towards the back of the gardens, checking out the numerous plots and gravestones and family markers. No one was really sure why Jill wanted to see but humored her anyway. The wind picked up and began howling through the trees near the north end of the lot.


Nedra looked up at the sound of a creaking gate and gasped. She took a step back towards Freedom bumping her into the obelisk in front of her.


“What’s the matter Neddy?” she asked pushing her onto her feet and backing away from the marker.

“I thought I saw something.”


“See!” Karima chimed in, “I’m not going crazy!”

“What was it?”

She shrugged. “Whatever it was it went into that crypt near the front gate.”


“Let’s check it out,” Leah said taking one step in the front of the group. “We might find something really interesting. Plus it’s creepy being out in the open like this. I keep thinking we’re being watched.”


“Ok, this is where I’d have to agree with Quiana. In what horror movie have the words ‘let’s check it out’ ever ended well?” Nancy raised a quizzical brow. “That’s just BEGGING for trouble. Maybe we should just get back to the house with the others.”


“It is kind of cooling off out here, I don’t think that’s such a bad idea,” Kalene agreed rubbing her arms and shaking. “We can always come back some other day; preferably one that doesn’t have a creepy something walking into crypts.”

Daijah laughed. “We’re here now though. Besides, would you REALLY want to come here again?”


Jill led the group once again towards the front all the while looking around at the remaining section of tombs left undiscovered. Many were broken and left abandoned while others looked fresh and well maintained. “Sad, those left behind either don’t care or are no longer around either,” she observed.

They made it to the door of the tomb. It was covered in ivy and the hinges on the entry were all rusted and broken. The wind toyed with the remaining wood that covered the open space; blowing it around helplessly and slamming it against the walls of the stone mausoleum.


There were overgrown shrubs and hedges nearby; many were covered in moss and Spiderwebs. The name at the top of the small building read “Voorhees” sending thoughts of the very famous horror film that made the name recognizable through their heads.

“Interesting I wonder what we’ll find!” Holley said.


Do you ever get the feeling you’re being watched?
That someone is standing behind you just in the dark
Waiting and hoping they’ll get the chance to
Jump out at you and yell “boo”.


I’ve never felt such a feeling of fright
As I had that cold, Autumn night
When out of nowhere came a tall, dark figure
He stopped and he stared and it made me shiver

“What is it that you want?” I asked full of fear
Begging for my legs to take me out of here
he stepped closer and I knew I was done
There was no one around and no place to run


He smiled wickedly as he reached for my arm
“Come with me quick, I mean you no harm.”
He led me to my home and asked if I knew
“There’s a killer on the loose and he was after you.”

Continue ---->

6 comments:

  1. sooo....no I would not venture into the crypt. That's just plain spooky even in the daytime.

    Yay for no bloody creepy people this installment.

    It is a little freaky to have some random stranger pop out of no where, take me home, and then tell me a killer is after me. can we say RED FLAGS!!!!!!!! How would he know who you are, where you live, and that someone wants to kill you unless he is that someone.

    This is why you never talk to strangers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. Day light or not out that just looking for scary, creepy stuff!

    Hahaha exactly...he seemed to know an awful lot about the poor girl :)

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Quiana and Lizzy are going to regret that tour!

    I say the stranger was the murderer! He is just waiting for another time. He's trying to make her trust him!

    Now into the crypt. At least we're going while its daylight! Although, crypts are dark. What's in there?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad the ending is a guess. I did leave it open as to whether he was a good guy or not. Still like Jaz said, you have to wonder how he knew where she lived.

    Yeah "at least" it's daylight out :) you sure you want to trust that? It's filled with rotting and decaying bones, spiderwebs, dust mites, dirt, stench and the occasional baddie :)

    Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read Jazen's comment and LMAO! She should have stayed at the house huh? WTH is wrong with them for wanting to go there anyway??

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL It was Jill's idea and of course Daijah couldn't resist as the point was to take everyone out for some fun scares :D

    ReplyDelete