Saturday, October 22, 2011

22: The Forgotten



“We should try and get out of here while we have the chance.”

“How Holley? You want to make a swim for it? Try and beat the boat? We’re on an island in the middle of nowhere. Who knows what direction is the closest piece of land. It’s crazy to think you could make it,” Lizzy said as everyone gathered back into the living room.


“No what was crazy was coming out here in the first place. No offense Daijah but this isn’t exactly a dream vacation.”

“None taken and you’re right. I never mislead any of you. The invitations outlined the activities and I made it clear I was going to do my best to scare the ever-loving daylight out of all of you, in that department I guess I’ve succeeded. But never once had I intended to put any of you in danger. Now Lizzy is right, there is no other way off this island except by boat. So I suggest we try and make the best of it for the last week. Everything will be fine.”



“And in the meantime we what? Continue watching movies and reading from that stupid book as though nothing is going on?” Freedom asked taking a seat on one of the armchairs.

“No. You could sit quietly and twiddle your thumbs. I’m sure the spirits will look right over you and go for everyone else,” Karima suggested. “Look, we’re stuck here plain and simple. There is no point in complaining because it’s not going to make the boat come back any quicker.”



“Agreed,” Nedra said. “But again we should stick together. I’m fine with continuing to read and entertain ourselves. I’d much rather know what’s scaring me than to wait around for something to pop out instead!”

“Yes but sticking together doesn’t work! Leah proved that when she responded to those sounds out in the hall that no one but she could hear!” Nancy reaffirmed. “If we stay grouped but don’t know when someone’s leaving how are we going to fight that?”



“True. But Daijah said there are weapons. I know I would feel comfortable with one if I had one to carry around,” Quiana said heading towards the axe.

“I don’t think that’s such a great idea,” Daijah said quickly. “If you swing that thing at a ‘spirit’ and come back to reality who’s to say you don’t hit one of us with it? I think for now we should just not answer to anyone or anything and if we’re not moving as a group or unit of at least 2 to stay put and ignore everyone and everything else.”



“That works for me,” Jill said taking a seat and thumbing through the book. “There are several more tales we could read and distract ourselves. Daijah, keep working on trying to reach the ferry and everyone else, try and remain calm; we’ll get through this!”

“Yeah…hopefully alive!” Holley sighed.


The lights can be seen in the distance as the ships sail in
black flags wave valiantly above the stern announcing their sin
these men cast from their homes onto boats into the sea
raping and pillaging villages and yearning to be free




Of those that have come here only few lives were saved
and these marauders and freebooters pay the roads they’ve paved
they’re marked for death for crimes they have carried out
killing without concern and erasing all doubt

Now they are cursed to forever sail the seas below
with no real purpose but moving to and fro
and sickness and death is all they can feel
for all the men and women that they did kill




Don’t pity these souls for they’d show you no mercy
and easily take your last breath; that immoral heresy
turn your backs to the water as their boats lie rotten
and get away from those labeled the Forgotten



Continue ---->

6 comments:

  1. I love the conversations. I'm with Holley they need to figure out a way to get off the island. I know DJ said the locals weren't friendly but I would give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    Cannibalism :P nothing fun about being boiled in your own skin! HAHA

    Sorry...but you're right. At this point though they are a little afraid of going outside of the house (and for good reason!)

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daijah was right about the weapons. If someone has a hallucination, they could hurt one of the group.

    I'm glad their not turning on each other!

    All caught up and can't wait to get back to reading updates at night!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She would really hate for one of them to get hurt because of that! It's bad enough they can't tell the real from the fake as is!

    Yet... :)

    Working on shots now! Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why is Jill so freaking calm? She's a demon. She and Dai planned this whole thing so the could eat the bones of the others! Scared of big bodies of water but I'd take my chances with swimming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Qui:
    HAHA! You can't swim sorry! You're staying in the house until the end of the story!

    Jill's demeanor is a bit calm though...she's taking everything in stride. :D We'll see why soon!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete