Saturday, October 15, 2011

15: When the Fog Rolls In



“Nothing’s happening,” Leah grinned. “I guess that means we’re free to leave. And trust me there’s nothing more I’d like right now than to curl up under my covers and wait out the next few weeks.”




“But you have caring and concerned friends that would never let you miss out on all the action!” Kalene laughed. “It’ll be fun.”




“Maybe we are supposed to call for him, Everett. I mean he’s the one that wanted to talk to us. Maybe we have to get him to come out first.” Lizzy turned the board towards her and started moving the pointer around the wooden plank.

“What do we ask first?” Nancy asked leaning up and placing her hands on the pointer as well.

“I don’t know.”

Jill joined the other two and started the inquisition. “Everett, if you’re still here and want to talk, tell us how to bring you forward.”




The pointer jerked from their hands and towards the letter “C”.

“Get something and write this down.”

Quiana grabbed a piece of paper and began marking down the letters as the girls continued watching the spirit guide them.

“What’s it spell?”

She turned the pad around and read. “Chant my name and ask me forward.”

Nedra stood and began a circle. The others took her hand and all began chanting as he asked.

“Everett Banks, come to us. Everett Banks we call for you.”






The candles blew out and the room became colder. They stood closer to one another as the darkness engulfed the room. The door to the attic creaked open and Karima stepped forward from the group.

“Who’s there? Everett?”

Receiving no reply she turned back and shrugged at the girls. Nedra’s, Jill’s and Nancy’s eyes opened in wide-eyed horror causing Karima to turn back towards the entrance.

“You rang?” he smirked as he stepped closer into the room. The girls moved as one cohesive unit taking step backs as he moved towards them. He laughed, an echoed and hollow sound emitted from his throat and he stopped. “You called for me, why are you afraid?”




“What do you want from us?” Daijah asked moving near Karima. “Why do you still haunt this place?”




He stared at her, tilting his head in curiosity as he took one step back. “The others don’t know? The reason you chose this house? The reason they have all gathered here for a Halloween party?”

“I told them. How would you know though?”

“I saw you on your first visit. I saw everything. You thought this place would be perfect. Do you still think that?”




She swallowed hard and he laughed again. “Who are the others?”

“Others?”

“You’re not the only ghost we saw,” Jill added. “There was another one that came by.”

“Victims I suppose. Wandering spirits stuck between the realms of Heaven and Hell.”



“Purgatory?” Nancy questioned. “It’s all real?”

“I’m standing as a…spirit right before your very eyes. You really ask that question?”


“And what is it that you want?” Leah asked finding her voice.

“To explain the truth.”

“What truth? You mean what happened here?”




“They all think I had a mental break. Went crazy and killed my wife for cheating on me. But there was so much more to the story than that and so much more to this house. I never killed them because they were cheaters.”

“Then why?” Holley asked taking interest finally as she stood behind Nedra. “Why did you kill all those people?”

Everett turned and smiled at her, his body levitated higher as the pointer on the board moved quickly to another position. “Are you sure you want to know?”


The fog came slow laying heavy and thick that night
casting shadows on everything hiding them from sight
and out of the darkness came a faint grinding noise
that grew louder as a creature appeared poised

He had a wicked smile and drool fell from his lip
as he grabbed the poor man and his claws started to rip
his body lay torn and shredded in puddles of blood
the creature leaned forward and drank from the flood




He got his fill and looked towards me and growled
I backed away in fear as his snarls grew loud
I ran as fast as I could with not a moment to waste
afraid of being another victim he could savor the taste



I thought I was safe as I saw my house approaching soon
but he charged ever quicker glowing faintly in the moon
he grabbed me from behind and on the ground I lay pinned
his claws gripped tighter and pulled at my skin

He ripped open my neck and bit at me in rage
leaving me to wonder who let the beast from its cage
the mist came back and hid me deep within
but that’s what happens when the fog rolls in



Continue ---->

8 comments:

  1. ~ Well I think he does have something to impart,I wonder if Everett will really tell the whole tale!
    ~ And DJ has a reason for us being there!Hmm! the plot thickens!
    ~ Loving it!(",)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, Everett didn't kill them because they were cheaters. Ummmmm can't wait to find out the REAL story. There is more behind what DJ told them as well for being there????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karima:
    Everett does have something he would like to share and what they find out, let's say Leah may have preferred staying in the dark like she begged :P

    Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz:

    Everett had different reasons for what happened to his wife and her lover but he wasn't very happy about the cheating either that's for sure.

    Daijah's reasons for asking them over there will be revealed soon and Everett knows because as he said, he was watching :P

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL they played with the freaking board then going scared when he showed up? He makes me question you even more! You brought us all here for HIM! Didn't you? He's a crazy blood thirsty spirit and you're working for him! OH WAIT, you're the devil in Dai's sim so he works for you...I get it!!

    I'm mad you ended it there! I want to know why he killed all those people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Everett thought that was pretty funny too! You called me here and are afraid now? But then I guess they didn't expect that it would work...silly "horror movie" girls :P

    Now Qui, we discussed this, killing off her friends isn't practical :D

    But there's a new one daily :D

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why Everett killed them if it wasn't because they cheated!

    That means that those staying at the house might not be safe after all!

    Daijah has hidden motives for inviting everyone there.

    That werewolf was a nightmare creature! Even scarier than the zombies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everett will explain his motives (to the best of his abilities) very soon!

    That's exactly right! Everyone thought he was after just cheaters and could breathe a sigh of relief BUT that wasn't what set him off!

    She does? :P what if Everett was lying? Though there was another reason the location was chosen...nothing "too" ominous >:)

    LOL wait until the demons come out to play!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete