Friday, October 21, 2011

21: Fear Itself


“So what’s the verdict?” Nedra asked stepping back into the room. “Are we doing the ghost story thing or no?”

“Uh…ladies?” Daijah smiled.

Karima and Jill cleared out more chairs and the ottoman and moved blankets along the rugs and settled in.

“I guess that’s a yes,” Quiana sighed as she sat on a seat beside Karima. “At least we have more popcorn. Who’s going first?”

“I will,” Nancy volunteered. She grabbed a flashlight and stepped in front of the window as Freedom turned out the lights to the room and settled in with the others.


“It was a cold and windy night in autumn. Daria and her brother Kendrick had always thought how fun it would be to spend the night in the old Mueller Mansion. Finally getting up the nerve, Daria invited two of her best friends and the four of them all headed up to his house on the hill.”


There were scratching sounds coming from the hallway and Leah turned her attention towards the noise and listened. “Does anyone hear that?” she asked. The sounds got louder and seemingly closer before finally fading into the background and disappearing.


She looked at Quiana who was sitting the closest to her and checked the expression on her face. She was entranced by Nancy’s story and was certain that she must have been imagining it. She refocused on the storyteller and tried to get back into her tale.

“Old Man Mueller had died in his bed on Halloween and his spirit was said to haunt the old home. No one but the bravest of kids had ever dared set foot on the property let alone work up the nerve to spend an entire night!”


Again sounds coming from the hallways turned Leah’s attention. This time it sounded as though someone was running up and down the stairs as fast as they could. She looked over at Kalene and noticed her expression was the same as Quiana’s. Are they purposely ignoring it or


“Ok, who’s doing the sound effects?” Leah asked looking around. Everyone continued look forward to Nancy as her tale continued as though they did not hear her.


“Thinking it was her brother playing a trick on her she stepped into the hallway preparing to scare him back.”
 

There again was a sound, a loud banging on a door upstairs and Leah jumped, stepping on Quiana’s foot before moving back to her seat again. “Ok now I KNOW you heard that!” she exclaimed and again was met with silence.

She stood from the floor and hovered over Freedom. “Would you come with me to check it out?”


Freedom ignored her and Leah moved silently towards the door. She poked her head out into the hall and looked up the stairs. “Hello? Anyone up there?” she called moving slowly towards the bottom step. She peeked up the banister and didn’t see anything.

Believing again it was her imagination she shrugged it off and turned back to join the others. From out of nowhere a ghostly figure appeared and she screamed. 


The sound of her shriek caused the others to immediately rush towards her. She’d collapsed to the ground and was holding herself rocking back and forth trying scared nearly to death. Jill dropped down beside her and placed an arm around her shoulders.


“What happened Leah?”


“I saw something! Someone was standing right behind me and I could swear he had a knife in his hand!”

“A knife? Who was it? Did you see?”


“It was a g-g-ghost!” she wailed. Jill wrapped her tighter and rocked with her.

“Why did you come out here alone?”

“I asked Freedom to come with me but she wouldn’t budge! I was only going to check where the noises were coming from but I wasn’t going to follow them up the stairs.”


“Noises? What noises?”

“Someone is in this house!”


In the still darkness of the night
I saw a stranger in the moonlight
His body was thin, his presence was pall
the shroud fit right for a man that tall

He reached out to grab me and I shuddered in fear
he laughed as I shrieked and wiped away a tear
his face was gone but there sat 2 ruby eyes
and he gazed at me as though I was some prize


I wanted to run and get out of there quick
but my body wouldn’t move, my legs made of brick
he matched me step for step in a shadow dance
as I thought to escape while I had the chance


When he spoke the sounds echoed within his hollow chest
his body moved forward to meet with his request
His bony arms wrapped me tight carrying me from here
“There’s nothing to be afraid of except of course your fear.”



Continue ---->

6 comments:

  1. So was Leah imagining it? How? How did they not see her get up and walk away? This is becoming very creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that picture of the guy scared me!!!! I think that was the worst one so far :(.

    Ok Leah is really having issues. It was very freaky how no one heard the noises, or her when she talked to them. They didn't even notice when she got up. This house is really playing tricks. Sticking together may not even help at this point based on what happened tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Qui:

    Leah was hearing things they weren't so she was sorta in her own world. This won't be good for them in the least. They thought sticking together would be the perfect way to combat what was coming but this proves that the voices/hallucinations/spirits can get to them and break them up no matter what.

    Thank you for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaz:

    Sorry :( when I got him with no face it was PERFECT! Yay for bad CC!

    So true! The "sticking together" rule was tossed out the window with this one and now they have no idea what to expect.

    The best thing to do is grab a weapon and tuck yourself into a corner at this point.

    Thank you for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the same reaction as Jaz with that guy at the end! It was a shock!!!

    Poor Leah is having the hallucinations now.

    I wonder who is next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He was perfect! LOL the one time I can thank a bad skin!

    The next will have it way worse than the previous. We're down to the last week and things are really going to heat up!

    Thank you for reading!

    ReplyDelete